New Pega mobile app puts the power of AI in Retail agents’ hands for more engaging in-store experiences
Pega Retail Advisor makes associates more effective with real-time intelligent guidance personalized for each customer
LAS VEGAS – June 5, 2017 – Pegasystems Inc. (NASDAQ: PEGA), the software company empowering customer engagement at the world’s leading enterprises, today at PegaWorld launched Pega® Retail Advisor – a new, tablet-ready application that gives retail associates AI-powered guidance to hyper-personalize the in-store experience for each customer.
By analyzing past interactions to understand context, Pega Retail Advisor empowers every agent to give smarter, more relevant recommendations as they engage shoulder-to-shoulder with customers anywhere in the store. Using their mobile device, retail associates can also complete any sales or service task – from checking inventory to placing an order – normally done at fixed terminals. Now retailers can redefine their in-store experience around the customer – not the agent – to create more effective associates, more profitable locations, and more satisfied customers.
Fewer consumers are visiting stores, showrooms, and branches, as most everything they need comes on demand with a swipe on their mobile device. A recent Capgemini survey found that most consumers view visiting stores as a chore, so much so that one-third of respondents say their time is better spent at home washing the dishes. Retailers have responded with elaborate makeovers in an attempt to create a more inviting experience. But cosmetics aside, sales associates still lack the tools to provide real consumer-centric service that gives customers a reason to come back again and again.
Pega Retail Advisor makes brick-and-mortar locations relevant again by using advanced AI to guide sales associates through the next best action tailored in the moment for each customer. The AI engine opens a real-time window into the customer’s mindset by analyzing each interaction with the individual across all channels – from purchases and browsing history, to service calls and marketing touches. These insights translate into prioritized actions queued up on the agent’s mobile device – whether it’s to recommend a specific product, custom bundle a service, or perform a service task such as setting an appointment or shipping from another store. This unburdens retail associates from any guesswork by predicting why the customer came to the store and providing them exactly what they need.
From department stores and autos showrooms, to bank branches, wireless provider kiosks, and insurance offices, consumer businesses using Pega Retail Advisor can transform their in-person sales and service experience with real-time AI that enables:
- More receptive customers: Often viewed as a nuisance, sales associates can drop the high-pressure tactics and add genuine value to every interaction, making customers more open to assistance and more likely to return. This personalized approach shows customers that staff understands their needs in a more human way that’s difficult to replicate online. Even new customers with no brand history can get customized recommendations after answering a few short and simple questions.
- More effective sales associates: Every sales associate can become a high performing one with predictive analytics guiding them through every step. This ensures a more consistent experience regardless of who engages with a customer. The mobile app makes agents more productive by untethering them from terminals and streamlining service tasks done directly on their mobile device.
- Higher sales and revenue growth: Guided intelligence helps sales associates sell products and services the customer will actually want and use – as opposed to trying to make the quick sale. In the short term, this increases the odds of immediate revenue by showcasing the product most likely to resonate with the customer in that moment. In the long term, this engenders more trust and loyalty with each interaction, which increases repeat customer sales and captures more share of wallet.
Pega® Customer Decision Hub provides the underlying AI power and predictive analytics for Pega Retail Advisor to generate customized customer recommendations. The app is unified with Pega’s market-leading suite of CRM applications, including Pega® Marketing, Pega® Sales Automation, and Pega® Customer Service, providing shared data, functionality, and intelligence from the apps to the agent’s mobile device and across the organization.
Pega Retail Advisor is available for purchase starting today. For more information, visit https://www.pega.com/insights/resources/pega-retail-advisor.
Pega Retail Advisor was unveiled today at the annual PegaWorld conference, currently being held at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas from June 4-7. PegaWorld gathers industry leaders and innovators to discuss how to overcome customer engagement challenges facing businesses today. For more information or to watch the day’s morning keynotes live, visit https://www.pega.com/events/pegaworld.
Quotes & Commentary
"Brick and mortar stores continue to search for an identity as the retail world rapidly changes around them," said Tom Libretto, CMO, Pegasystems. "With Pega Retail Advisor, stores can retake the one thing websites and apps can’t fully replicate – a face-to-face connection – and make it a powerful differentiator. Now every sales consultant can become their brand’s best consultant, providing a highly personalized experience that repeatedly brings customers back through the doors."
- Product background: Pega Retail Advisor fact sheet
- eBook: Pega Customer Decision Hub
- Video: A new era of customer engagement
The information contained in this press release is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Pegasystems, Pegasystems specifically disclaims any liability with respect to this information.
VP, Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications
Sr. Manager, Public Relations
Director, Corporate Communications
+44 (0) 118 9651 660
PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0) 118 9398 584