Scrum Master II
The Scrum Master will be engaged in the planning, organizing and managing of activities to achieve successful completion of agile projects to ensure commitments on quality, scope, time and budget are met. The functional groups that the Scrum Master partners with include Product Development, Product Management, and Release Management. The Scrum Master will act as a galvanizing force within the wider Pega scrum community in terms of building and sharing Agile knowledge across the company.
In this role, you will:
- Coach and guide 1-2 scrum teams with a focus on ensuring the teams meet their product deliverables within the agile framework
- Contribute, as an active and engaged member, to the broader Pega Technology global scrum master community
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- Differentiating factor offered by the specific team with which this position works
The Scrum Master leads by example and has the skill to bring out the best in team members. He or she is not afraid to deal with conflicts and is an experienced facilitator and negotiator. The Scrum Master communicates with a wide variety if audiences, both business and technical, and is able to work independently as well as collaboratively – with minimal direction. The Scrum Master exhibits the following characteristics:
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Situationally Aware – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
- Continual improvement - Must continually be growing one’s craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Attitude of empowerment - Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Computer Science, or related field
- 4-5 years experience working in an agile technology environment, preferably in a variety of complex project driven situations, either in a technical or project management capacity
- Experience using basic fundamentals of iterative development with Scrum
- Scrum Master certification (CSM or PSM), as well as a track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
- Excellent demonstrable communication, facilitation, conflict management, mentoring skills
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice