Sr. Global Events Manager - Shared Services
As the Shared Services Manager for Global Events, Shared Services EMEA, you will be based in the Reading, UK office. This role will primarily oversee Customer Engagement Summits throughout EMEA and APAC focused on event planning, logistics, production, building relationships and frequent collaboration with many key stakeholders to ensure an exceptional attendee experience.
In addition, your role will include implementation and communication of Shared Services Event Best Practices and coordination with preferred outsourced partners across regions to execute marketing events such as forums, tradeshows, and roundtables.
As time permits, you will support the Global Events Shared Services team whether on-site at events or assistance with team projects and initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Provide detailed budgeting, manage multiple venue site selection & meeting logistics to include production, food and beverage planning, room sets, audience flow, technical requirements, giveaways, social media, etc.
- Coordinate pre-/on-site/post-event staffing and roles via status meetings and regular communication
- Liaise with the Registration & Housing Team to provide registration management, an on-site registration plan, attendee tracking/communication and housing/room block management
- Utilize Pega’s Event Request tool (CEA)
- Implement Shared Services Event Best Practices and coordinate with preferred outsourced partners
- Lead event core team meetings and work collaboratively
- Manage cross-functional resources to align with project plan
- Handle vendor RFI, budgeting, site selection, and contract negotiations
- Evaluate programs and provide post-event analysis
- Support the Global Shared Services Events Team as needed
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- A dynamic and supportive events team
A detail-oriented event manager with exceptional time and project management skills. This individual communicates well, is quick on their feet and has the ability to think strategically and offers solutions. This person is a collaborator, comfortable and confident working with multiple event owners including key leaders to achieve success. This individual works well independently while being an integral part of a global team.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience with meetings/events/programs, minimum 5 years in EMEA
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic solutions for successful event outcomes and efficiencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent management skills
- Experience running multi-national programs across EMEA
- Negotiation experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking global environment with numerous deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate budgets and effectively manage expenses
Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA) develops strategic applications for sales, marketing, service and operations. Pega’s applications streamline critical business operations, connect enterprises to their customers seamlessly in real-time across channels, and adapt to meet rapidly changing requirements. Pega’s Global 500 customers include the world’s largest and most sophisticated enterprises. Pega’s applications, available on-premises or in the cloud, are built on its unified Pega 7 platform, which uses visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet clients’ strategic business needs. Pega’s clients report that Pega gives them the fastest time to value, extremely rapid deployment, efficient re-use and global scale. For more information, please visit us at www.pega.com.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice