Java Developer - Big Data
Meet Our Team:
In this position you will work in one of our Decisioning product teams, which provides capabilities that enable customers to model their specific data processing pipelines and execute these against massive volumes of. The team works with core Pega platform which enables customers to build solutions by themselves.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Our Decisioning team is working with cutting-edge technologies for big data storage (Cassandra) and event processing (Kafka). We are having the opportunity to work on features for data processing pipelines of high throughput and low latency taking into account 24/7 availability and horizontal scalability. There will be exposure to a bunch of DevOps and Cloud technologies, as well as multi-node, clustered environments. You will become a part of a technically mature, well integrated team.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software
- Leverage Java and Pega’s platform for optimal development capabilities
- Provide technical assistance to advance the capabilities of products and resolve complex issues
Who You Are:
- You are a successful communicator and collaborator, who will be responsible for development and enhancements our products. In addition to your technical skillset, we will value acting as a self-starter who exhibits creativity, hustle, integrity and teamwork
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- +1 year of professional experience (we are open for Seniors as well!)
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems
- Experience with distributed source control system (Git)
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and working across functional boundaries (in Polish and English)
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Solid understanding of multi-threading, concurrency
- Solid understanding of, and practical experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
It would be an asset if you have experience with/ knowledge of the following:
- High-throughput, low latency computing in Java
- Cassandra and other NoSQL databases
- AWS or other cloud providers
- Open source development experience
Pega Offers You:
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs
- Many opportunities of development (internal and external trainings)
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment with flexible working hours
- Attractive salary and package (Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more)
- Feeling the power of social spirit by working in our very hi-tech new office - Pega supports many team and sports initiatives and we are sure that you will enjoy spending your time in our relax and game rooms!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice