Location: Krakow, Pl
Meet Our Team:
In this position you will work in Core Engine product area, which provides core services and capabilities for entire Pega platform. Our Performance engineers’ team gather experts who are responsible for improving performance of our main product – the Pega 7 platform.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role you will have a real impact on the performance of platforms used by clients worldwide. Thanks to your development background and passion for making improvements you will be able to develop and maintain our testing infrastructure, as well as execute and analyze performance tests by yourself.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
- Develop and maintain performance testing tools and infrastructure
- Develop performance test automation solutions using both in-house developed tools and third-party automation tools
- Build, maintain and improve the Performance Test Lab and allow other teams to use it as a service
- Maintain existing as well as design and implement new performance benchmarks. Drive the increase of performance benchmark coverage.
- Monitor product performance by providing performance metrics.
- Implement and execute performance tests; analyze test results and identify performance issues.
- Provide information about product performance and scalability as well as recommendations
- Identify performance and reliability gaps of specific product areas and/or applications built using Pega 7 - Drive the improvement of identified gaps
- Drive the performance improvements by making sure reported product defects are addressed
- Share the progress and present work results to product management and other stakeholders
- Evangelize the importance of performance amongst the Engineering organization.
- Provide best practices for writing high performance code
- Provide assistance and expertise to other engineers
- Identify technologies and trends to improve performance testing practices
Who You Are:
You are a person with software engineering background and practical experience in analyzing performance and reliability of complex full-stack web systems. You love to show initiative, think and act on your own, but value teamwork. You also have:
- Experience in Software development role
- Knowledge about key factors affecting software performance
- Experience conducting performance or reliability analysis of complex web systems on multiple stack levels
- Solid object-oriented design and development skills (knowledge of Java and experience working with different JEE technologies is desired)
- Knowledge about JVM internals
- Experience with relational databases
- Good debugging skills
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures as well as solid analytical skills
- Good communication skills (in Polish and English).
It would be an asset for us if you have:
- Experience designing high-capacity, large scale architectures with rigid performance constraints
- Knowledge of automated performance testing tools and techniques (Webdriver, JMeter, Gatling, etc)
- Experience with executing various types of performance tests
- Experience with profiling tools (Yourkit, JFR, etc)
- Good knowledge of script languages like Python, Ruby, Groovy
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams and diverse stakeholders including technical leads, business users, and executive management
- Experience with virtualization,
- Cloud (AWS) experience
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment
- DevOps experience
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science
- At least 3 years of experience in a technology development role (we are open for senior candidates also)
- Experience with conducting performance tests
Pega Offers You:
- The opportunity to make a tangible impact on the world’s market-leading organizations
- Working with variety of technologies in a company which follows the newest trends in the IT market
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features
- Many opportunities of development – an extensive on-boarding training, budget for conferences, area for own training initiatives, possibilities of working in other global offices for a few weeks
- Attractive salary and package (Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more)
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment with flexible working hours - in a very hi-tech new office with chill and game rooms!
- Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives
Our GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice is available here
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice