Director, Cloud Service Reliability
An Excellent opportunity to join Pegasystems as Director Regional Cloud Service Reliability. You will be a key member of the Service Reliability organization, and will own the global cloud operational, security and proactive automation process, driving proactive support and quick resolution of client issues. In addition, you will grow, maintain and develop a team of highly capable and technically talented problem-solving engineers. This is a role of significant responsibility, oversight, and visibility – and will function as second in command to the VP of Service Reliability.
In this role, you will:
- Own the Regional Pega Service Reliability Process, creating proactive processes to ensure service impacting events do not occur and driving quick resolution to customer impacting issues when they do!
- Maintain and develop a team of highly capable and technically talented problem solvers who can work independently as well as collaboratively with other functional groups.
- Lead and demonstrate superior technical and procedural excellence while independently managing difficult customers and complex escalations.
- Oversee and provide thought leadership to the global team of technical support engineers and ensure their engagement activities contribute to the overall success of the customer
- Partner with cross functional senior leadership within Pega to establish the definition, maintenance and leveraging of account health indicators.
- Create a culture of ownership and accountability – ensure teams understand their objectives and are provided the tools and guidance to be successful.
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- The ability to move seamlessly between different customer audiences and collaborate to build appropriate and successful user experience vision
Dedicated to the success of the Global Service Reliability organization, you are a thought leader who can drive innovation and change. You have a keen aptitude for understanding complex cloud related customer and partner needs and are quickly able to gain the insight needed for issue resolution.
- 10 - 12 years of experience in leadership roles within the technology domain, focused on supporting cloud services for Global Enterprise organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Computer Science
- Ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of existing and new Pega products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including poise in pressure situations
- Demonstrated expertise in advising, training, and mentoring team members on customer issues resolution
- Strong leadership skills and qualities along with strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to promote a shared vision of success, translate that vision into an operational plan, and work collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve a positive outcome in the face of obstacles, challenges and set-backs
- Ability to secure commitment and steer direction through influence, negotiation, and inspiration
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Hands on experience with Pega Products
- Experience managing “as a Service” global enterprise offerings and high transaction businesses leveraging “as a Service” solutions
- Knowledge of J2EE architecture and application servers (Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, or JBOSS)
- Knowledge of database administration (Postgres, Oracle, MSSQL,UDB or DB2)
- Knowledge of Operating Systems (specifically Windows, AIX, Solaris, Linux, zOS)
- Knowledge of Communication protocols and technologies (SOAP, MQ, JMS)
- Experience with Agile software development
Pegasystems develops strategic applications for sales, marketing, service and operations. Pega's applications streamline critical business operations, connect enterprises to their customers seamlessly in real-time across channels, and adapt to meet rapidly changing requirements. Pega's Global 3000 customers include the world's largest and most sophisticated enterprises. Pega's applications, available on-premises or in the cloud, are built on its unified Pega 7 platform, which uses visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet clients' strategic business needs. Pega's clients report that Pega gives them the fastest time to value, extremely rapid deployment, efficient re-use and global scale. For information about benefits and culture, https://www.pega.com/about/careers/benefits-and-culture
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from all suitably qualified applicants.
Our GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice is available here.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice